UPDATE: Track your 2019 Grand Prix points HERE.
In 2019, Athens Road Runners is starting a Grand Prix race series! ARR members will have the opportunity to score points for placing in their age group among other ARR members at 10 selected local Athens races, which are listed below. Check this page throughout the year to track your points, and at the end of the year, we will be giving out awards to overall male and female, and top three in each age group!
Sound fun? Not sure how this will all work? Here is some more info…
Grand Prix rules:
*Only dues-paying ARR members are eligible to score points. Members who join mid-year may earn points for races run after the date their membership began; points from races earlier in the year will not be awarded retroactively.
*Age groups will be divided the following way: 14 and under; 15-19; 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
*Top 7 in each age group among ARR members earn points as outlined below. If, for example, you placed 10th in your age group, but once non-members are taken out of account, you are 6th, you will earn points!
*Your age group is determined by your age on December 31 of the Grand Prix year (December 31, 2019 for this year). So if, for example, you “age up” from 34 to 35 in 2019, you will score in the 35-39 age group for the entire year.
2019 Grand Prix Race Schedule: Run any or all of these races throughout the year to score points!
- Snowflake 10k (Jan 26) – #1
- Lake Chapman Trail 15K/5K (March 17) – #2
- In Their Shoes 10k (March 23) – #3
- Twilight 5K (April 27) – #4
- Marigold 10K (May 11) – #5
- Milledge Mile (Aug 24) – #6
- AthHalf Weekend: 5K (#7) and Half-Marathon (#8) (October – exact date TBA)
- Free to Breathe 5K (November – exact date TBA) – #9
- Santa Stroll 8K (December – exact date TBA) – #10