Who We Are
Athens Road Runners is a supportive community of runners of all ages and abilities. Our mission is to inspire and engage individuals to achieve health, fitness and training goals through the sport of running. We are a registered affiliate chapter of the Road Runners Clubs of America (RRCA), the oldest and largest organization in the United States dedicated to distance running and a 501 c(3) non-profit organization. Athens Road Runners is governed by a volunteer board of directors whose members actively serve the Athens community in a variety of ways.
Individual runners, couples, and families can join Athens Road Runners and benefit from the camaraderie, encouragement, and support that a running community provides.
- We connect the Athens area running community and promote health and fitness through running.
- We encourage, motivate and support Athens area runners of all speeds and abilities.
- We host social events to help runners to meet each other.
- We provide a calendar of running events and races in our community
- We support programs that encourage Athens area youth to run for health and self-esteem.
- We provide support for runners of all abilities.